Friday, October 8, 2010

Emotional Trap/Control Game : Operation Broken Ribs

So we all know I'm the clumsiest person alive and I bump into things, fall down and crash all the time.  Major injury is nothing new to me.  A few months back I tripped over a hammock on the Princes patio and fell onto a chair on my ribcage and snapped rib nine and ten in half.

But let's start from right after the fall.  When accidents like this happen people go into shock.  As I threw my body back into his apartment before I collapsed from the pain I was more worried about whether or not I had broken the glass that I was holding when I fell.  Shock.  Two to three minutes later after I got my breath back and could get up off the floor we lifted my shirt to find a deep purple bruise already present on my ribcage.
 I am not one to run to the doctor and figured I just bruised my muscle tissue really bad and it would go away in a few days so  I went about my life sucking up the pain hoping it would get better day by day.  The Prince was supportive about it asking me if I was ok from time to time.  We both thought it was just bruised tissue and nothing serious.

The next day we went to dinner where it was hard for me to sit up but I did it with a smile.  I really thought it was going to get better as time passed.  We went to bed and the next morning it was so much worse.  This day I had to drive 6.5 hours home.  As I stated in a blog earlier I don't like to leave the Prince without making sure he's "satisfied" so even in my state I.. well you know.. and it was rough and it hurt but I didn't want him to feel bad so I again smiled and made sure he didn't feel weird,  still believing I hadn't done serious damage.

The drive obviously sucked.  I had to go to work that night at the BBC and as I arrived I found it harder and harder to breathe.   I could barely talk at this point because of the movement of the diaphram.  I was in BAD SHAPE.  A group of my friends demanded that I go see a doctor to get x-rays just to make sure that I didn't shatter any rib bones into my lungs.  I promised them that if it didn't get better in 2-3 days I would.  Well....  The next morning it was EVER WORSE so I ran my butt to the doctor for an x-ray.   This whole time the Prince had still be pretty supportive asking me how I was feeling and what not.  This reaction from him was only because he didn't think it was serious.

Usually if I have something serious going on in my life he shuts me out as if he can't cope with me having any problem that could possibly make me somehow "defective".   When I found out my parents were going through a very hard time in their marriage - he shut me out.

When the xrays came back and It had been verified that I had snapped rib 9 and 10 completely in half guess what happened next?

He shut me out for the rest of the evening.  He accused me of being fucked up on pain pills and being a bitch and refused to talk to me for the rest of the evening.

The next day he was still mad and wouldn't let up until I sent him this picture proving that I had not taken any of my pain meds yet.






With two broken ribs.

Prove to him that he was wrong.

To shut him up and to get him to stop accusing me of something that never happened.

With two broken ribs.

2 comments:

  1. I know this is an old post, but I surely hope that you are not still with this guy. He doesn't sound like the type of person to care for another being unless he can get something for himself first. Please know that you can always find better.

    My best, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lynn! It's been over a year now and I am moved on. Thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete