Friday, September 17, 2010

Pre-Op or Consultation?

So my friend and I went to my pre-op appointment today to go over my upcoming surgery.  Once my Doctor reviewed the details of my charts he jokes about a large written note that says, "ABSOLUTELY NO ANCHOR LIFT!!"   AKA:  The surgery that would produce the T-Bar scar that the Prince refused to let me have.

I jokingly said back, "Oh remember that guy with me on my consultation?  My boyfriend at the time now EX boyfriend.. that was his request.  He wouldn't let me get that surgery because he didn't want me to have the scars ...that's why I brought him with me.. that was his rule."

The doctor stopped and stated, "When you get surgery you get surgery for yourself.. not someone else."  and proceeded to ask me if I minded the T-bar scar and if I wanted that lift kit instead of the one that "I"  (ugh umm...The Prince) had originally chosen for the surgery.

We went over all the different options of ALL different surgeries I could get and my pre-op appointment turned into the consultation that I should have had in the first place.

My real pre-op appointment is now on Monday for the surgery that I have chosen.  A complete overhaul of the original surgery.  It's was so different making my own choice without these outside rules and stipulations hanging over my head.  And not only that I'm saving money!

No comments:

Post a Comment